Batik Motif Design Competition is a competition event aimed for Design/Art major in higher education institution students to express their creativity and love to Indonesian diversities and cultures.
In IKEA we try touch many people and we believe every single action will lead to positive impact. This event will allow students to have a feeling that design is so much more than just a work.
Timeline Kegiatan :
17 September 2021 End of Competition
18 – 30 September 2021 Jury
2 October 2021 Winner Announcement
Competition Rules & Guidelines
Things to Do:
- The design must be ORIGINAL and never been published before
- The design should reflect a combination of Indonesian, Swedish, and IKEA values.
- One person can submit only one design together with the story behind the idea in max 200 words.
- The Batik pattern should be a CLEAR & SIMPLE design and should be applicable into a yellow IKEA unisex shirt short and long sleeve & hijab
- The Batik pattern design should compliment the standard IKEA uniform fabric color base (see color reference) and will be printed on 100% cotton.
- The shirt design must match the standard blue navy IKEA trousers
Things to Avoid:
- The Batik pattern should not overrun the IKEA logo and must give free space
around the logo.
- No religious or political symbols.
- Not allow to move the IKEA logo positioned on shirt – should be aligned with
IKEA global standard
Entry Mechanism :
- Participant must be an active student at least on the 5 th semester.
- Each participant to provide a Letter of Recommendation from their respective institution.
- Attach student biography (CV) and scanned student ID to be included in your
- Design is developed for A3 size using vector (ai/eps/svg format)
- Note: When submitting this design via email, please use a JPG or PDF format
with a maximum size of 4MB.
- Provide a story behind the idea in max 200 words in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Provide the pattern in square format (10x10cm) and applied to the uniform.
Judgment Criteria :
- The originality of the design and capturing combination of values.
- The design must incorporate the IKEA colors yellow & blue in a Batik composition in a simple way.
- 5 (five) best digital designs will be selected by the esteemed judges and there will be only 1 WINNING DESIGN.
- Judges are General Manager, Communication & Interior Design (Graphic Communication) teams, and Country Marketing Manager.
- All designs submitted are subject to IKEA intellectual property rights and has the exlusive right to reproduce, perform, communicate to the public, adapt and translate all or any part of the same, including the right to authorise any third
party to do the same
Grand Prize (1st winner):
- Laptop : Mac Book Pro
- Table : [IKEA]
- Chair : [IKEA]
5 best designs:
- Designs will be showcased in all IKEA Store* & IKEA voucher